Thanks for stopping by my web site. I hope this information is helpful to you. Below are some of the many staging ideas I've learned in 25+ years of marketing homes.
1. Use soft lighting. Lamps are kinder than overhead lights. Be sure to keep all the blinds and window coverings open to let in natural light.
2. Place furniture so there are clear pathways through the house. Consider storing some furniture if you've outgrown your home or outgrown some rooms in your home.
3. Try not to place sofas and big chairs so that you see their backs. It's much more inviting if we view the seating area!
4. De-clutter by removing nick/nacks, odd artwork, crafts and most wall pictures. Also, be sure to clear stuff off tables and counter tops.
5. Remove magnets, notes, artwork, etc. from the front and sides of the refrigerator.
6. Put out fresh bathroom towels, limited to one or two colors. Stow all personal bathroom items and be sure the toilet seats are down.
7. Clean out all of your closets. Buyer's want lots of storage space.
8. Right before showing, set the mood in the home with soft background music and light a scented candle.
9. Be sure to keep all pet boxes clean and odor free. There is an old saying in real estate, "If you can smell it, you can't sell it."
10. Keep your indoor plants and flowers looking fresh or remove them.
11. The front of the home is the buyer's first impresssion. Keep all shrubs and trees trimmed, grass mowed, gravel raked, and entry free of dust and cob webs. If you can afford a landscaper, hire one for while your home is on the market.
12. Put away all outdoor toys. You want your front and backyard as organized as your indoors.
13. Keep the front door freshly painted or stained. It's that all impotant first impression again!
14. Plant flowers or place potted flowers on or near your entry. It creates a good feeling in buyers before they even entry the home!
Please be sure to call me at 602-430-5755 or email at MailTo:Dave@ArizonaHomes-Online.com with any questions you have about real estate. Put my 25 years + experience and Internet Marketing Concepts to work for you!
Please check out the links below for further infomation on how to prepare your home for showings to maximize your profits!